Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Favorite D&D Modules Unranked

When I ranked the 40 classic D&D modules, it got tough around the top. On most of my lists, two titles at most compete for the top slot. For instance, The Lord of the Rings is my favorite novel, but so is Shogun. The Lord of the Rings is also my favorite film(s), but honestly, so is The Exorcist.

In the case of D&D modules, however, there are not two but six that tie as #1 favorites. This is how I officially ranked them:

1. Tomb of Horrors
2. The Lost City
3. Castle Amber
4. Vault of the Drow
5. Inferno
6. Dark Tower

I'm happy enough with that ranking. Forced to choose, I go with Tomb of Horrors, and the others descend accordingly. But truthfully I can make a case for any one of them at the top slot. And that's exactly what I'm going to do. Each day starting tomorrow I'm going to explain why each module is my personal favorite of all time.

First up: Tomb of Horrors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home